It would not be an overstatement to say that we live in a virtual world as we are surrounded by tech. Most of this tech is powered by the ability to reach and transfer in a moment. Thanks to advancements in data transmission and network services, we can expand our horizons to this extent. And, we know that it is not possible without having the best router in India.
Network and data services need to be accessed through specific devices, and most common of these today are routers. WiFi, routers enable you to access and distribute data in your device via the service providers network line.
Now if You’re wondering which is the best Router in India, you’re at the right place. In this article, we’ll guide you through which are the most sought after routers and what to look for when you are considering buying a router.
Let’s go through this detailed list which provides apt specs and keen comparison between the best options this market has to offer. Do remember to follow the buying guide if you’re considering any choice.
Top 10 Best Wi-Fi Router In India 2021 Reviews
1. TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Cable, 4 Fast LAN Ports, Easy Setup, WPS Button, Supports...
- TP-Link Has Dual Antennas which increase signal strength and sturdiness.
- It has an assistant for helping you in installation and make your experience hassle-free.
- Tp-Link has got an Internet bandwidth control that controls the amount of bandwidth for each device.
- It has superior ethernet ports.
- It provides 300Mbps data speed for ideal conditions.
Tp-Link is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to routers in India. The basic design and decent performance of TL-WR841N make it an effective option in the best router in India segment.
With Type RJ-45 ethernet cable ports, it supports a wide range of fibre and network services in India. Tp-Link comes with an ideal speed of 300Mbps and does a superb job in terms of connectivity.
As a user, you’ll also like its security features like integrated data protection and a parental lock for protecting your little ones. Tp-Link also provides its own application for assisting you in the installation and any troubleshooting. The performance is smooth, fast and has excellent value for your money.
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Gigabit Router (R7000) with Open Source Support | Circle...
- Netgear comes with a mega speed of 600 + 1300 Mbps.
- Netgear with its speed and mastered noise cancellation provides seamless gaming and calling experience.
- Netgear has its own Up application for assistance with the Router.
- Netgear provides its users with a reliable warranty of 1 year on device and two years of damage protection.
Netgear Nighthawk is nothing short of excellence in the best router in India segment. Powered with a superb speed of 1900 Mbps, you’ll now never have any disturbance or lag while playing your favourite games or even streaming them.
List of features is too vast which starts from in-built access to voice assistants, disturbance-free calling, prolonged battery life, superb 1ghz processor, app support, enhanced amplifiers for top speed and the list goes on and on.
This Router from Netgear is among the premium routers. It is best suited for heavy usage and profession results. It has three antennas that ensure constant speed maintenance.
Also, it has dual storage ports in the form of one being USB 2.0 and the other being the USB 3.0 port. Water-Resistant Netgear is supported by one year overall and two years of damage protection warranty.
3. TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless 3G/4G Portable Router with Access Point/WISP/Router Modes (TL-MR3020),...
- Tp-Link presents a compact-sized router with equivalent performance.
- It supports an ideal speed of 300 Mbps for quick operations.
- It can connect up to 12 to 14 devices depending upon usage.
- It’s a pocket router meaning you can easily take this anywhere with 3G/4G connectivity.
- Tp-Link router comes with multiple ports.
Tp-Link is a renowned name in the router markets of India. Their TL-MR3020 is a unique network router with dual compatibility of being portable and connecting to WLAN. Designed for travel and network accessibility everywhere you go, this Router comes with sufficient bandwidth distribution and 3G data sharing.
Tp-Link has three ports, one for WLAN support ether cable and one for its portable network is a 3G modem port of USB 3.0. Via modem port, you can connect and share the 3G data on the go.
Power options are also diverse with a USB port to charge it, whether via an adapter or even your laptop or another supply source. It is compatible with most of the prominent network providers. These features and Router’s convenience make this a contender for the best router in India.
4. TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Cable Router, Wi-Fi Speed Up to 1300 Mbps/5 GHz...
- TP-Link provides the superb speed of up to 1300 Mbps in the Archer.
- It has been recommended by the New York Times as the Best Router for most people.
- It has three outward antennas for a robust connection in 2.4GHz and 5 GHz band.
- It has security features like controlling the guest usage and parental lock.
- Four superior ethernet ports ensure Paced data speeds in the Archer.
TP-Link Archer is a remarkable entry in the premium segment of network routers. TP-Link Archer is all about performance with an ideal speed of 1300 Mbps at the larger band.
Speed and connectivity aren’t the only impressive features with Archer having a single WAN port for mega speed and four ethernet cable ports that ensure faster speed than normal ones. It is a part of the top range as it is built to handle heavy tasks and data transfer without any hurdles.
Archer provides the same speed at lower prices than its competitors. Also, TP-Link’s application, service, and security features add charm to what may be the best router in India.
5. D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N 300 ADSL2 + Router
- D-Link router supports Phone cable (RJ-11) for its connectivity.
- D-Link has two outer antennas with 5 Dbi, so the speed is quick.
- D-Link has provided an interactive notifications panel with LED lighting to notify you.
- D-Link router has practical cooling options with air vents on each side for heat dispersion.
- It has superb security measures such as secure firewall and data access being controlled by the user.
D-Link DSL-2750U router has a mix of value for money design and quality performance in data transmission. Two secure antennas ensure continuous data speed and maintain transmission without any drops. Supported input cables are Phone (RJ-11) which provide efficient speed through advanced ports.
List of specs is not limited as you get excellent security features like secure firewall protection and master class 3 year warranty. Protection of WPAs and QoS means that you’ll be cruising the web without any worries.
The Router in ideal conditions can achieve the top speed of up to 300 Mbps. D-Link with their specs and user-friendly customer service is one of the names in the best router in India segment.
6. ASUS RT-AC53 AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router (Black) with high Power Design, VPN Server and time...
- Asus provides sturdy and strengthened three outer antennas for a great connection.
- Asus has claimed an ideal speed of up to 750 Mbps with this Router.
- It divides data transmission bands into channels of 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz for a useful hassle-free experience.
- Asus has its app for its Router so you can easily manage and help yourself with troubleshooting.
- Has gigabit data technology, claiming to have ten times better speed and connectivity.
Asus, as we know, is an established brand in the tech segment and provides the best in class gaming equipment. Again Asus has brought delight for streamers, gamers and even general users in the form of AC750 Dula band WiFi Router. Asus also has taken care of the design, providing the best material for a durable device.
Dual-band tech ensures that data speed is distributed and there’s no lag in performance. It also has the most praised design and straightened antennas for better output. Controlling it has never been this easy before as you get UI, display, and network control all in a single interface.
It has also received praises from surveys like JD power report, and its overall fantastic response makes this stand out in the best router in India market.
7. Tenda AC10 AC1200 Wireless Smart Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Router, MU-MIMO, 4 Gigabit Ports, 867Mbps/5...
- Sharp edge design is the speciality of Tenda with four robust antennas.
- Tenda has claimed an impressive 1200 Mbps transmission rate with this Router.
- Another Router which has two bands of a different frequency for hurdle free connection.
- It has a powerful processing unit and can handle up to 30 devices at a time.
New 28nm technology in this Router ensures heavy-duty use like gaming and streaming, without much power consumption. Tenda doesn’t shy away from innovation, and this is evident in their eye-catching AC10 WiFi router. This Router has a sharp-edged design with a look that suits its uses.
It is powered with dual-band configurations and thus can provide lag-free gaming and streaming experience. You can reach up to 1200 Mbps of data transmission speed via dual bands. Dual-band is integrated in such a way that signal doesn’t fall via barriers.
It has a MU-MIMO tech establishment for an edge over the competition. You get four ports and three out of these four are gigabits ports, and one is standard WAN port. You have a mainly designed app for remote access and control. These all features combined make Tenda a competitor for the title of the best Router in India.
8. Linksys E1200 2.4GHz Radio Frequency Wi-Fi Router, Transfer Rates of Up to 300Mbps- Black (E1200)
- Linksys has an advanced flat-plate design for Connectivity innovation.
- Linksys has MIMO style antennas for superb connectivity.
- It has new wireless tech with N-sensors and internal receivers.
- Linksys has four ethernet cable ports for paced data transmission.
- E1200 comes with easy installation and an installation disk drive.
Linksys E1200 is an innovative design with looks of a modern device. Flat body and hidden internal antennas ensure disturbance-free data transmission with an ideal speed of up to 300 Mbps.
It has a single switch control for WLAN/WPS power on or off. It also has four superior Ethernet ports for high speeds. It has options for effective parental control and access restriction so you could protect your family and privacy while using the Internet. It comes with an easy installation process and a Compact disk for installing router drivers into your PC or laptop.
It has the authentic wireless tech, which is also known as the N-tech. All the advanced features must make you wonder that Linksys E1200 would be costly, but it is available at a fair price. Linksys is also a contender for the best router in India.
9. RESONATE RouterUPS CRU12V2A Power Backup for Wi-Fi Router (Black)
- Resonate presents to us the best utilisation of tech in the form of Router UPS.
- It provides both WiFi connectivity as a router and power as a UPS for uninterrupted internet experience.
- It Comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty.
- It is quite compact and lightweight as router UPS.
- It supports most of the prominent router brands and variants.
Were you ever working on your system and power goes off, well you have UPS for running your system but what about WiFi?
Your system Without network is useless if you’re working with the network. So now for such situations, Resonate has brought forward innovation of a lifetime with RouterUPS. As the name says, it is a UPS for the Router.
It can power your Router for up to four hours. It is very compact and lightweight so you wouldn’t have any problem with carrying or and handling it. You can even easily mount it on your wall and charging it is also so easy with the provided adapter.
A one-year manufacturer warranty protects this device from mishaps. If you think you have the best Router in India, then you should get the best companion for it.
10. iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN 1200M Smart Dual Band Wireless AC Router (Black)
- iBall Baton comes with four well-built antennas with 5 DBi rating for better connectivity.
- iBall has a sleek and finished design with multi-direction range.
- Router houses the Dual bands of household 2.4Ghz + 5Ghz for uninterrupted connection.
- Dual-band in iBall ensures an ideal combined speed of 1200 Mbps.
- You get an impressive three-year warranty.
iBall has been one of the brands continually working towards improvement in tech and providing that tech to users at budget-friendly prices. This Router with quad antennas and an ideal speed of 1200 Mbps is a perfect example of iBall’s vision. iBall router supports RJ45 type cable meaning it has ports for Ethernet. Having MIMO tech in Baton iB-WRD12EN increases the reliability of the network.
You also get a much delightful three-year warranty for protection. It also has beamforming integration for lag-free streaming and continuous transmission. All these are supported by iBall’s application for smartphones guiding you through all the details about the Router. Combining these features with its price will make you consider this under the best Router in India segment.
Now you have gone through the list of which were the best choices in this Router’s market. We have done this research and vast comparison just for the user’s convenience and guidance. As a user, now you should have an idea about which routers and brands are providing Quality according to their prices and which one comes under the radar of your choice.
Choosing a router from these top picks maybe a bit tough for some buyers as they all are the best in their class. When a general buyer is looking for a router, he just shouldn’t go for the brand value or a list but also his intuition.
Building your intuition here could be hard as all choices look excellent and the best, so for your assistance, we are providing research and buying guide for WiFi Routers. Please go through this guide and clear if you have any doubts left.
This guide will carefully explore most looked after specs in a router and what is our advice according to current market trends and your requirements. We hope that this guide will be of much help to you.
Buying Guide Of Best Router In India:
Simple guide to choose best router in India:
Here in this guide, you’ll get to know which are the key specs to look for and how these specs vary from device to device. Also, you’ll get to know the key components that make a great router and at last how to make your choice.
Also, don’t forget to read how router tech works and which things you should keep in mind after you’ve purchased your WiFi Router.
Key Features To Look For In Best Router:
The key reason that you’ll ever need a router is to connect your device through WLAN service provided by your network provider. Routers are small devices that enable wireless connections or WiFi for connecting your single or multiple devices to them.
So the primary job a Router does is transmitting data from a wired connection to your devices like smartphones and Laptops etc. So its main purpose gives us its first key feature to consider.
Bandwidth, as its name suggests, is a range of maximum data that can be transferred in that particular pocket or path. It means that higher bandwidth results in a higher amount of data to be transported in a single unit.
Many of the brands advertise their routers with the markings as AC adjoined with a data range. Always tend to go for higher bandwidths and at least AC1200 is advisable for a decent connection.
2. Decided Network Standards
The most common standard bit you’ll see with a router is 802.11. This standard is decided by IEEE, and different variants of it indicate different advancement in terms of networks. There are many WiFi standards such as 802.11N, 802.11G, etc.
An advised option would be to go for 802.11n standard variants as they are part of an advanced and new generation of routers. Also, the speed is better in 802.11N standard routers such as 802.11 a or g.
There is also a superior standard of 802.11ac and rare to see in mid or average range WiFi routers. 802.11ac provides excellent data speeds, and also they’re part of a selected premium segment. 802.11n would be sufficient for most of the users where 802.11ac will cost much.
3. Dual-Band or Single Band?
Band for a WiFi Router means a range of data or bandwidth at which it transmits the data. Most of the traditional routers work on a single band with a frequency of 2.4 GHz, meaning a limited speed and room for fluctuations. Compared to these the dual-band routers come with two groups with one of 5 GHz frequency and other being the 2.4 GHz frequency.
This combination ensures higher speeds for data and also lag-free usage. Dual-band is the new generation of routers and should be a preferred choice for users who love to play and stream online. There is a con of having a broader frequency band that it doesn’t mean more coverage and network coverage is limited.
4. Do Antennas have any role to play?
We used to see large antennas on our tv boxes and were used to adjust them for getting our favourite shows on our tv. Well, it is not the case with routers, but it’s more or less the same that antennas do have a role to play when it comes to connectivity.
So which and how much antennas are to go for, is the question. Well, many routers have dual antennas set-up. The antenna has two uses, first being the directional coverage of the data and second are the Omni types. Omni types have a quad coverage, so they’re a preferred choice these days.
Antennas are divided via Decibel per isotropic radio frequency. Higher the dBi means a higher amount of signal being received, so the data coverage is quite extensive with a more significant number of dBi.
5. USB Ports
Whether you want to print a document online or connect a USB modem or might want to link other storage devices, USB ports are an essential part of modern-day routers. Many WiFi routers come with a combination of USB 2.0 and dual USB 3.0 ports. The advisable choice would be to go for USB 3.0 port, might there be fewer ports.
6. Type Of supported Cables
The fact that wired connections are faster than wireless ones is not hidden to anyone. Modern-day WiFi routers come with two supported types of data connections, first being the RJ45 or ethernet cables and second being the RJ11 or the phone cables. Current tech is the Ethernet for faster speeds and efficient connection, so you should go for RJ45 cables.
The modem is used for signal transformation between devices and data cables. These interchanges between analogue and digital can cause a signal disturbance, so it is advisable to choose ASDL tech instead of DSL as it is an advanced tech.
8. Security Features
Routers are used to access the Internet and have an online or virtual presence. This virtual presence can, many times, be deceiving and misleading. Also, the Internet is like a vast sea full of every type of content.
So you’ll need security from inappropriate content and fishing and malware. Privacy attacks and data theft can happen if you’re not careful with the Internet and your protection.
Many routers keep this idea in mind and come with proficient security features like parental control for giving limited access to your young ones and secured firewalls for protecting any privacy thieves and malware. Also, you have options for guest access and control your data via the security of WPA/WPA2 locks.
QoS stands for Quality of service, used for giving access to specific features over others. This feature is used to prioritise the data access to specific devices or services for enabling them with higher speeds over the others. Gamers and game streamers use these kinds of features.
10. Application for assistance
WiFi routers are such devices which required installation and some operations to run them smoothly. Many a time a user can get confused or might have a problem in following up the process. For users assistance, most of the prominent Router brands provide their own smartphone applications.
These applications are backed with features like an easy interactive installation guide, troubleshooting, solutions, frequently asked questions etc. So look for a router with a comfortable and better-rated app.
11. Last But Not The Least- ‘WiFi Speed’
We are putting this point at the end of the list because it is the most obvious choice to make. You would naturally go for a Router with more WiFi speed. Things to keep in mind that most of the single-band routers would claim around 300 Mbps of speed but the received amount is always different, and you may go for dual-band routers with speed up to 1200 Mbps if you have an office or professional use.
So these were the things that you should keep in mind while choosing which would be the best Router in India for you. You should keep in mind your budget and purpose of the data when going to buy a new WiFi router.
Different Type Of WiFi Routers:
This classification of WiFi Routers is based on their use and how they’re built with particular design features.
1. 3G Enabled Portable WiFi Routers
This type of WiFi Router is compact and easy to carry around. These are made form the purpose of dual usage as a router and as a carry around a 3G/4G device. So next time you’re travelling to a place and wanna have a superior data connection. Just plug in the modem into the Router and let it take your worries away. The TP-Link mini pocket router is one of the best examples of these routers.
2. Traditional Mounted WiFi Routers
This type of WiFi Router is the most common in households, and you should choose this one if you want higher speeds and have a network service provider with the cable net. These routers range from standard routing devices to advanced genius tech for task handling like gaming, streaming and broadcasting etc. You should choose the Router which suits best the purpose of your purchase and the budget.
So these were the two main types of Routers to choose. Where portable ones are compact and comfortable but have power and speed drawbacks, the traditional ones are rigid but offer better speed and functionality. Now your need decides which of these is the Best Router in India for you.
Type Of Ports In a WiFi Router:
There are mainly these four types of ports, out of which two are according to the support of Internet service, and the other two are for additional features. RJ11 or phone cable, RJ45 or Ethernet cable, USB ports and a few routers have sim card ports too.
Things to Keep in Mind With A WiFi Router:
These are some of the usages and buying tips that are often ignored. These tips are a collection of experience from tech experts and will sure to make your Router experience much pleasing. Let’s take a look at them.
- When buying a Router along with speed also keep in mind the area and amount of devices, your network would need to cover. Most WiFi routers with single-band can cover up to 12 to 15 devices, and you would want a better router if you need it for office use. Also, keep in mind the room and wall coverage of different bands.
- Look for the kind of password security a WiFi Router has. Where WPA is standard but old, WPA2 and WPS provide better protection for ensuring nobody is sneaking on your network. Also, see if your Router has secure and convenient recovery options in case you forget the user ID or Password. For these always keep your details noted down in a safe place.
- Some routers in the premium segment may be dust or water-resistant, but most routers aren’t. So your Router should be kept clean and away from water if you don’t want to lose its functionality. Most manufactures provide a manufacture warranty of 1 or two years, and you should go through their terms and conditions thoroughly before making any decision.
- Always remember to read the user manual and take care of your device according to their guidelines. If you ignore proper professional help, it might cost you. Don’t be shy to contact customer support when you’re stuck somewhere.
- While most WiFi routers would support most of the prominent service providers. Make sure that the Router you’re going to buy supports your preferred network service. If you can’t find it in its description, you should contact customer service for further details.
- Your security is in your own hands, so remember to update your password from time to time and don’t give access to any doubtful devices. Also, keep a timely check on parental control if you have young ones using the WiFi.
- You can also get supporting devices like console and Router UPS for uninterrupted performance and superior gaming experience. Also, routers should be updated if the tech is too old and is prone to lag and security attacks.
So these were the essential care tips for having a WiFi Router. Remember you access the web with your privacy and valued details on the line, so keep special care of the security. Also, the Router is like other devices and should be cleaned and protected from environmental factors.
So this concludes a buying guide and knowledge bits for buying a WiFi Router. Some users may find the technical language a bit complicated and might have some doubts. These doubts are resolved here in these frequently asked questions.
WiFi routers are such devices which direct data from your service to the connected devices and also connect multiple devices to the network. So if you’re taking a WLAN or ethernet connection for your office, house or professional use, You’ll need a router to connect multiple devices to the network and control the data access on each device effectively.
Also, routers enable clear voice-over network calling and has features for limiting and prioritising the data access to a particular device. Thus it has features for gaming, streaming, browsing and transmission.
WiFi routers don’t actually provide the Internet service or network, in a general sense which may be called the Internet. Also, they don’t generate any kind of network for devices. Instead, they direct the network supply from your data service provider to different devices. They also help in controlling the flow and access of data, so you have control of your data transfer.
WiFi routers may sound like this complicated machinery that has two many functions and help with much utilisations. So if they’re such popular and useful tech, they must be expensive. Well, there is both a yes and a no to that question.
See if you want the premium tech with absolute performance routers can cost much for that kind of Quality. But if you’re an average user, you can easily get a decent router for a much lesser price, and an example of this is iBall and the basic TP-Link Router.
WiFi Routers have different variations for different purposes in their modern generation. The market is so competitive, and they have to deliver the best functions at most affordable prices to survive. Top tier routers like Netgear or Asus have particular features for network QoS and dividing the traffic over different bands.
Installing your new WiFi Router is no rocket science. Just connect the service cable into the WLAN port of the Router and turn on the Router for enabling the WiFi. Then connect your devices via WiFi to the router network and install the Router driver.
Now enter given user ID and password, and you’re good to go. Many prominent Router brands have smartphone apps to guide you through this process and provides you with many tips for your router maintenance.
Well, the answer to this question relies on multiple factors such as what is the speed requirement of the user, what is the purpose user going to buy the Router for and in competitive markets like India the significant factor is budget. The mix of these factors with what extra can a Router offer to its consumers make it the best for its buyers.
So you must’ve got a formal idea about the WiFi routers, and the buying guide and FAQs must have cleared any doubts. We hope that you liked our research and aim to help you. It is our desire that this guide helps anyone in finding his required product. So we thank you for going through this article.
To sum it all up, we have seen the most popular Router brand in the form of TP-Link to most affordable ones like iBall and D-Link. Also, we have taken a dip in the high waters of some premium end options like Netgear and Asus with their specialisations.
What was common among all of them is their efficiency of supporting most of the service providers and supplying the user with a better speed than dial-up Internet. This segment has its highs and standard bits for you to choose. It offers various kinds of routers to you, and the buying guide helps you to determine which type is made for you.
To conclude this, our verdict would be to go for a TP-Link variant as per your requirement, as they’re a trusted brand and have excellent customer service. We hope you liked our effort in the direction of assisting you in finding the best Router in India.